The Interledger Community 🌱

Discussion on: Reimagining social media — gFam.live

Collapse

gfam profile image
gFam

Thanks Erica! This is absolutely incredible feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time and putting in the effort (both here and on the site itself).

I'm really glad you've joined too and we've obviously got to get a lot better at that education piece.

We've actually got notifications coming... we're hoping to unleash them on the world next week.... but I completely agree about the lack of engagement. We're also launching the ability to tip comments and I'll be holding weekly prizes for 'most support comments' etc to help build that side up.

The selfie situation is something I've been working on. I've been actively seeking out story tellers to try and entice them to supplement their current social media strategies with gFam. My hope is that once people see that people providing valuable content getting more attention (views, follows, comments, tips) then that will encourage people to create and share the art bubbling inside of them rather than just doing the bare minimum. I've been tipping everyone who puts in some effort on the site, but eventually this will wind down as more story tellers join.

Amazing feedback about the thumbnails, I honestly hadn't given it any thought before. We are also launching User Profiles which will also have bigger thumbnails for previous posts so it'll be interesting to see how users relate, and if that means we'll need to change up the feed. Totally open to the idea I just hadn't considered it at all.

Thank you again for everything you've been helping with... hopefully together we'll build a fairer, more creative world!

Collapse

ericahargreave profile image
Erica Hargreave

My pleasure, Adam. Telling stories interactively is my world, and I love contributing to ideas in shaping newer platforms, when I know the team behind is open to those ideas.

Coming from a media perspective, the thumbnail size is important, as it is people's first impression on the platform, and as the platform is about photo storytelling, it is important for the photos to standout. That piece is part of what will entice photographers in.

And thank you. I've been learning a lot from you about the whole crypto verse.

Thread Thread

gfam profile image
gFam

Absolutely. Now that you've mentioned the thumbnail size, it really does make sense. I don't necessarily want gFam to be all about the image, but you're totally right that it needs to entice people into clicking on the post.

You've very welcome! The crypto verse is super exciting and potentially world-changing, but as you've said, education is key.

Thread Thread

ericahargreave profile image
Erica Hargreave

Agreed. For me, the best communities are those where it has a true community feel to it, where people are interacting and taking an interest in each other, and where they can share their creativity and stories through both imagery and written word.