About the Interledger Community
Web Monetization is a community dedicated to improving business models on the web for creators, publishers, and consumers alike. We are technologists, content creators, open source and open standards advocates from around the world, all experimenting with the opportunities that Web Monetization opens up.
One of the initiatives that unites us is Grant for the Web, a $100M fund dedicated to boosting open, fair, and inclusive standards and innovation in Web Monetization. This grant is a collaboration between Coil, Mozilla, and Creative Commons, and funds thinkers, creators and developers from around the world – many are here in this community!
About the Interledger Protocol (ILP)
The Interledger Protocol is an open protocol suite enabling payments to be sent on the web as easily as information. It creates a world where borders are not barriers to making or receiving payments, and it doesn’t cost more, to pay less.
Through grant-making and resources, we support a global community of entrepreneurs, developers, innovators, creators and artists. This inspires new and evolves existing solutions through research, development, and implementation of the ILP.
ILP-enabled solutions become part of Interledger. A network of interoperable services, enabled by open technology, where everyone realizes the value of financial inclusion.
- Grows innovative ideas that incorporate or build upon the Interledger protocols and Web Monetization standard.
- Resources projects, people, experimentation, and learning around open payments.
- Supports an emergent Interledger ecosystem.
- Prioritizes working with people, communities, projects and organizations that are traditionally marginalized and disenfranchised in the tech community and underrepresented in conversations about global financial inclusion.
- Upholds the mission and public benefit of the Interledger Foundation and our US 501c3 non-profit status.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org