When I was writing my last post about peer education and monetization of educational content, I noticed that Wiki does not include content on Web Monetization. So, I thought the 'metamonetization' editathon could serve both communities.
The process is simple:
- Create content for the relevant Wiki page (see below).
- Publish it elsewhere.
- Submit the link on the Reward Board.
You can also:
- get inspired by looking at an awesome list by thomasbnt
- publish your content on a Web-monetized platform
- include a ko-fi button for editathon or community prize donations.
- publish your content directly on Wiki instead of leaving that on others - just be sure to submit the link to the Reward board.
- announce and organize virtual meetups in the pages' Hypothesis annotations.
The editathon starts today, Nov 17, 2022, and ends on Nov 30, 2022. Afterward, I will map the content relevant for web-monetization on Anagora and distribute a total of 1000 USD to the most prolific, quality, and helpful authors via ko-fi. I plan to continue to support the vision less intensely afterward.
Some of the needed articles to edit are:
- Website monetization
- Pay What You Want
- Revenue Sharing
- Premium Pricing
- Business models for OSS
- Pricing Strategy
- Interledger Protocol
- Communication Protocol
- Payment pointer
- Online Ledger/Wallet
- Web Standards
- Internet privacy
Top comments (0)