The Interledger Community 🌱

Sai Kiran Alagundula
Sai Kiran Alagundula

Posted on • Updated on

Sai Kiran A — Travel Grant Report

Introduction

Hola ! I'm Sai Kiran, a Curiosity Product Guy who loves to build products at scale. I currently work at Tide, a Fintech company that provides banking solutions to SMB's . I'm from Hyderabad,India. For the last few years I was in love with fintech and the growth of online banking. Financial fraud is always intriguing to me and I was keen to solve this problem of MoneyLaundering and other Frauds. I want to meet and learn from the community so I attended the Interledger Summit to learn more about Fintech Fraud from peers,  open payments, Microtransactions and web Monetization. 

Key highlights about your participation at the Summit

I had an incredible time during the summit and had a great opportunity to meet like minded people. Entrepreneurs and Fintech enthusiasts . Some of the great learnings from power packed sessions especially from Uchi (chiMoney) a great story on scaling up a business and his thoughts around Financial Inclusion. Being a product guy a couple of products I got to see from session and soon where I intended to use is Joran's Tiger Beetle and Stefan from Coil.
Apart from these sessions I spent some good time around Hacking Room meeting people around. During my Booth walk on Opening Day Eve I found a product Kult which is very similar to the pet product I run today . I was inspired by them seeing how they are using the Interledger payment protocol to reach more people.

Image description

Image description

Highlight your key takeaways from the Summit

Some of the key learnings and takeaways for me are to understand how to better use Interledger Payment Protocol and I will be looking forward to starting monetizing my pet products with the IPP soon.

Indicate topic(s) if any, you thought could have been covered but were not.

Where there is money there will be fraudsters and I want to learn more around on safe web monetization, Financial Fraud

Let us know how you might be interested in participating in ILPSummit2023.

I will be looking forward to participate in ILP Summit 2023 and this time I would like to showcase my pet product showcasing on how did we monetize with Interledger Payment Protocol

What have you done post-Summit to showcase your participation in the Summit?

I got a chance to talk about the Interledger summit during short sessions at product think tanks withs few fellow product managers and fintech enthusiasts, I spread some love on social media by posting it on twitter during and post summit.

Any next steps and/or leads emanating from your participation at the Summit?

I made a few connections and will look forward to using their products and also will be watching out for Interledger grants/programs to contribute more organically.

I want to thank everyone for getting me to the summit and helping me to learn something new :) Cheers to Vineel. Alex, Ayesha, Julaire !

Image description

Latest comments (3)

Collapse

chrislarry profile image
Chris Lawrence

You get a good shout-out in this Summit reflection @uchibeke

Collapse

uchibeke profile image
Uchi Uchibeke

Amazing! Thanks for the mention.

Collapse

ayeshaware profile image
Ayesha Ware

Cheers to you as well @imasaikiran it was a pleasure to meet you at the Summit!