I wanted to give you an update on our progress since we got the grant funding.
Free Users: ~15.000
- We lost about 3k users when we deprecated the history search (after initial application)
- Regained them through tighter product focus, better user research and small, impactful workflow improvements (see below)
- Paying Users: ~550
- Beta users for sharing features: 800
In the last few months main focus was smaller but impactful UX improvements to the annotation experience & thorough planning of the sharing and following features.
- Replying to annotation threads in the web interface: https://memex.social/c/oiLz5UIXw9JXermqZmXW
- Youtube Annotations: https://twitter.com/BlackForestBoi/status/1328671050947850241
- Markdown Editor: https://twitter.com/worldbrain/status/1322977197666324491
- Readwise/Roam/Notion/Evernote Integration: https://twitter.com/BlackForestBoi/status/1317016935960367104
- Inbox for saved items: https://twitter.com/BlackForestBoi/status/1317120202077802497
- Launching the notification center to inform people about replies to their own annotations. Needed to fully launch the feature to reply to annotations via the web interface.
- MVP for following collections and see other people's annotations in context (Mockup demo in the video above). Development start: next week.
- User profiles with WebMonetization endpoint
Will keep you updated here.
Thanks again so much for enabling our journey to build this.