The Interledger Community 🌱

The Chicago Genius Herald

Posted on

Tracking Coil conversions

Hi everybody! My name is Mike Scipioni and I'm one of the administrators of the Chicago-centric satire publication, The Chicago Genius Herald.

We've had Coil activated on our site for some time, but we're wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to create a shortcode which can then be tracked to determine how many conversions to Coil we are responsible for. Does anyone know if this ability exists, or is planned?

Latest comments (8)

Collapse

drsm79 profile image
Simon Metson

They don’t seem to want to give these out anymore (or I’m asking in the wrong way...)

Collapse

gfam profile image
gFam

Hi Mike!

I'd suggest the best way to find this out is to email support[at]coil.com.

When you say 'conversions' are you talking about people actually taking up a Coil Subscription from your site?

Coil now has affiliate links (ie, coil.com/?ref=gFam1226) that you can get from the Affiliate section of Settings on Coil.com. In this same screen it will tell you how many affiliates have signed up with your link.

Hope this helps!

Collapse

chicagogeniusherald profile image

Thanks so much gFam! Yes we're talking about driving subscriptions. We don't seem to have any options for affiliate links in our account. Reaching out to their support.

Collapse

ericahargreave profile image
Erica Hargreave

Thanks for this question, Mike. I've been wondering the same thing. Did you get a reply from Coil on this?

Thread Thread

I did! After emailing support they added an "Affiliates" section where you can get an affiliate link and track signups.

Thread Thread

Erica Hargreave

Cool. I'll follow suit.

Also I am curious, are you using one of the Coil plugins on your site or code in the header?

Thread Thread

We're doing code in the header on account of there's no module for the version of Drupal we're using.

Thread Thread

Erica Hargreave

Thanks Mike. Debating switching to header code for our WordPress sites, as I am not sure if the plugin is working, as the display excerpts presently are not.