The Interledger Community 🌱

Cover image for Enclave Games Monthly Report: April 2021
Andrzej Mazur for Enclave Games

Posted on • Originally published at enclavegames.com on

Enclave Games Monthly Report: April 2021

Most of April revolved around the Gamedev.js Jam 2021 - it was suppose to be a short and simple competition, but I wouldn’t be me if I haven’t tossed in two new categories, challenges, dedicated experts, partners, and $20k worth of prizes.

Games

NSHex Roulette is literally hours from being released. I also worked on the Rack Match game, did a bit of client work implementing the SDKs, and some consulting as well.

Writing

Still not much beside the blog posts, but the article about NSHex Roulette is almost ready.

Design

Ewa did a few banners this month, but focused most of her time on… a surgery. It went well - she’s recovering and hoping to get back to work in May.

Events

I gave a talk at the 16th SFI IT Academic Festival, although it was recorded earlier, since the event was happening right when Ewa had a surgery and I was staying home with Kasia while kindergartens were closed due to Covid restrictions. I also gave a very short talk at the W3C Games CG in April where I mentioned both the Gamedev.js Survey and Gamedev.js Jam.

Gamedev.js Jam 2021 was happening between April 13th and 26th, with new categories (Web Monetization and Decentralized), challenges (from Protocol Labs , NEAR Protocol , and Paras ), experts, partners, and $20k in prizes (including cash, crypto, physical swag, and digital licenses). I spent way more time on the Jam than I initially planned, even though Itch.io simplifies many aspects of running it like submitting and voting, but I’m happy with how it ended up eventually - post mortem is coming soon.

Other

The js13kGames 2020 t-shirts gallery on Facebook was published and populated with selfies - if you own last year’s t-shirt and haven’t sent yours yet, please do!

The Grant for the Web project list was updated - an eBook was replaced with the Jam, and the deadline is still May 15th.

Plans for the next month

Finishing and publishing the remaining Grant projects before the deadline: NSHex Roulette is 99% done, Body Guard about 75%, and unnamed animal match game 50%. When we’ll do that, then it will be time to focus on js13kGames 2021 preparations, and exploring Web3 / decentralized stuff.

Oldest comments (0)