The Interledger Community 🌱

Josh Senyak
Josh Senyak

Posted on

Several recipients from one monetized resource?

Technical question! Is there any way to set up a monetized web page so that there are multiple recipients, with payments split amongst them?

Or is the protocol such that the payment always accrues to one and only one payment pointer?

If there's documentation that explains the exact specifications of monetization, please refer me. The draft report at https://webmonetization.org/specification.html is nice & technical, but

• since it's a proposal, I'm not sure it reflects how things actually work currently, and
  • I'm not sure it answers the question above about multiple recipients.

Thanks much for any thoughts.

Oldest comments (6)

Collapse

jussir profile image
Jussi Rytkönen

Only one payment pointer can be active at a moment. But you can switch between different payments pointers to share the revenue: webmonetization.org/docs/probabili...

Collapse

jsenyak profile image
Josh Senyak

This is a great concept and easy to implement. Thanks for passing on the idea.

Collapse

erikad profile image
Erika

@jsenyak have you checked out Probabalistic Revenue Sharing? There's a revshare generator here: webmonetization.org/prob-revshare/

Collapse

erikad profile image
Erika

oops! Didn't see Jussi already shared some similar links. I know a number of grantees are interested in experimenting with this so you might keep your eyes on the grant reports to see who has had success.

Collapse

jsenyak profile image
Josh Senyak

This is a great idea - and easy enough to implement right away. Thanks for the pointer Erika.

Collapse

erikad profile image
Erika

I just read a progress report from @thelastjosh They have an interesting use of prob. rev. share planned. You might want to keep your eye on The Metagovernance Project.