When? Anytime from now
At Kendraio, we are kicking off the first of our four bounties as part of our Grant for the Web project, Kendraio Pay. Kendraio Pay is an end-to-end reimagining of the interactions between streaming services, artists and consumers and how we can monetise music on the web to create the healthier, more open and fair internet that Grant for the Web strives to see built. Our partners at Audiotarky, are building a "new music streaming platform, that puts privacy and fairness in front of algorithms and shareholders".
We want to give $500 to whoever can integrate Audiotarky's streaming platform into the Kendraio Player, within Kendraio App. You will be mentored by our Kendraio developers for around two weeks (or more, by mutual agreement), working on integrating the Audiotarky streaming platform within Kendraio Player, which is a component of Kendraio App. If all tasks have been completed after the mutually agreed-upon time frame, you will receive a $500 reward!
Learn more and get in touch via our GitHub
We're kicking off our first of four bounty programmes in collaboration with Simon Metson from Audiotarky. Audiotarky is one of our partners in our project, Kendraio Pay, funded by Grant for the Web. Grant for the Web is founded on the belief that a healthy internet needs openness and opportunity. It's a fund by Coil, Mozilla and Creative Commons, supporting an open, fair, and inclusive standard for monetising content on the web. In this bounty, we're exploring how rights management and payments operate when working with multiple DSPs.
- Timeframe: 2 weeks
- Bounty: $500 USD
For this bounty, we're rewarding the individual (or group) that carries out the tasks below, in a way that is transparent, interoperable, and easy to use.
- Enabling a user to retrieve artist and track metadata from Audiotarky's API using a Kendraio Flow.
- Enabling a user to play Audiotarky tracks within Kendraio Player, alongside existing DSP1 tracks.
- Bonus points for enabling an artist to import tracks to Audiotarky including payment pointers using Kendraio App.
We will be very flexible with any hiccups that may occur and we will hold your hand all the way. We don't like stress here at Kendraio. We just want to see people enjoying building with Kendraio App.
We have a technical blog post that provides background and demonstrates a simple Flow using the Kendraio Player block with the "Web Money" block. The more advanced Kendraio Player uses GraphQL to load a track list and artist payment pointers from DSP1.
Audiotarky data is available through a simple API. Currently this is not "discoverable"; you need to know the artist stub ID to find their work. There will be a genre API ~soon.
- Discover artists API: https://www.audiotarky.com/$/artists/index.json
- Discover albums API: https://www.audiotarky.com/$/albums/index.json
- Artist details: https://www.audiotarky.com/$/artists/chris-foster/index.json
- Album details: https://www.audiotarky.com/$/artists/chris-foster/hadelin/index.json
- Track details: https://www.audiotarky.com/$/artists/chris-foster/hadelin/the-seeds-of-love/index.json
- The bounty will be evaluated by the Kendraio Team and advisors.
- Evaluation will be based on the completion of the task, as well as on how transparent, interoperable and easy to use it is.
- The more you can commit to documenting and talking about your experience with Kendraio App the more excited we will be to work with you.
Kendraio Player is a media player incorporating Coil's implementation of Web Monetization and funded by Grant for the Web. The player was built in Kendraio App. Kendraio App is a low-code dashboard creator that helps build interfaces using Flows that connect to APIs with minimal code needed. The App has an audio player block (Kendraio Player) that supports Web Monetization, using either Coil's browser extension or login API -- but it is not yet integrated with the Audiotarky streaming service.
Once a candidate has put themselves forward, our Kendraio developers will mentor them exclusively for 2 weeks (or more, by mutual agreement). If after the agreed upon period tasks remain open, another candidate may be given the opportunity instead.
Kendraio App is a general framework for creating low-code applications. Kendraio App was originally created to service the creative/music industry to enable easy asset and rights management both locally and on third-party platforms. But what we've ended up creating is a generic data browser that plugs into remote APIs and enables highly configurable low-code interfaces to be built. And we'll use this framework as the basis of this project.
Please check out these links before accepting this mission:
- Kendraio Player
- Kendraio Player demo video
- Kendraio App demo
- Kendraio App on GitHub
- Kendraio App documentation
- Kendraio App website
As you create this project your feedback will influence the direction and capabilities of the Kendraio framework.