The Interledger Community 🌱

Cover image for A New Approach to Sharing Knowledge on Websites β€” Grant Report #1
Benny for A New Approach to Sharing Knowledge on Websites

Posted on • Updated on

A New Approach to Sharing Knowledge on Websites β€” Grant Report #1

Project Update

The course platform is set up and ready, waiting to welcome my first video course about setting up a web-monetized WordPress blog.

The content creation is ongoing and will still take a while, before I can put the final touches on the platform and make sure the Coil login functionality works properly.

Progress on objectives

• Subdomain: set up and configured with WordPress installation
  • Course Platform: researched, bought (LearnDash), installed, setup ongoing
  • Video Course: course structure defined, recording ongoing
  • Coil Login Integration: researched OAuth login possibilities for WordPress, will be last and most difficult step

Key activities

I spent a considerable amount of time at first to get more familiar with OAuth, which will hopefully enable the Coil login functionality in the end.

For this I had to reach out to other WordPress plugin providers to align on how this could work out.

Then I set up the basic foundation for the course platform, for which I ended up choosing LearnDash over my first initial setup plan.

At the moment, the creation of the course content is my focus and will still be ongoing for a while.

Communications and marketing

I recently joined Greg Hannam on the Just A Meme podcast to talk about my project and generally about Web Monetization.

What’s next?

The recording of the video material of my course is ongoing and will be followed by the editing part of it.

Once that is done, I will be able to finalize the course on the platform itself, and then make sure I get the Coil login functionality working properly, which seems to be the toughest part.

What community support would benefit your project?

Figuring out the OAuth login functionalities with WordPress to allow people to log into the course platform with Coil seems to be the biggest issue around my project and is not as simple to implement as I thought (and I didn't think it will be simple already).

If someone from the community knows a smooth way to get this done, I'd be more than happy to hear about it.

Ultimately, if that functionality becomes a part of the existing Coil WordPress plugin, I think this could solve a lot of issues with this topic for other creators.

Oldest comments (4)

Collapse

cyberdees profile image
Desigan CHINNIAH

Ultimately, if that functionality becomes a part of the existing Coil WordPress plugin, I think this could solve a lot of issues with this topic for other creators.

@consistentbenny β€” Could you raise this as a GitHub issue, please...

Collapse

consistentbenny profile image
Benny

I will do that! :)

Collapse

palexander profile image
Pamela Alexander

I'm creating a course using LearnDash too. Can we connect? I'm the idea person not the developer, so I'd love to connect with my team in toe. It looks like we are at the same impasse. You can shoot me an email at pamela@pamelajalexander.com. Looking forward to connecting.

Collapse

consistentbenny profile image
Benny

Done! :)