Meeting Notes and recordings from Interledger Community Call - 14 September 2022:
== ILF Updates =
- What is Interledger? Explainer Video launched.
- ILF Summit - Speaker CFPs - 40 submissions - Being reviewed currently
- Financial Services CFP - 12 Projects accepted - onboarding in the process - kick off in October. Full public announcement on October 10. Grantees would join upcoming community calls starting in October ILP Summit Travel Grantees onboarding ongoing
- The first published report by DFS Labs in Africa, focused on Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Course kickoff in Maryland state - Bowie State University (Historically Black ) -- Under Business school - design and information systems - students from marketing, entrepreneurship -- Students to attend ILP Summit - showcase poster sessions on their projects -- Interledger Foundation (ILF) awarded Bowie State University(BSU) a $25,000 grant to partner on an undergraduate course that will enable students to explore open payment technologies and issues in eCommerce and personal finance. This pilot cohort signals the Foundation’s intent to forge partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) thereby accessing historically excluded communities; and equipping youths with the requisite information on digital financial ecosystem, open payment systems, micro-transactions and Web Monetization so they can transact business from anywhere in the world.
== Rafiki Summit ==
Members of the ILF, Coil and Fynbos teams met for two weeks during August in Berlin for the Rafiki summit. What is Rafiki you ask? Rafiki is an open source project that exposes the full Interledger API, and thus allows any third party, such as a wallet provider, to deliver Interledger functionality to their users. The team made significant progress in building out the feature set of Rafiki at the summit and work continues to integrate Open Payments with Rafiki. We welcome feedback from our community on GitHub.
- Session on Getting started on Rafiki by Sabine in upcoming ILP Community call in October.
== Web Monetization API ==
Web Monetization is being proposed as a W3C standard at the Web Platform Incubator Community Group.
Have questions or need help? Join us on Slack here: https://communityinviter.com/apps/interledger/interledger-working-groups-slack
Recordings are available on:
- Soundcloud: Stream episode Community Call - 14 September 2022 by Interledger podcast | Listen online for free on SoundCloud.
Cinnamon: Community Call - 14 September 2022.
Upcoming Interledger Community Call