About the Project
Memex.Social enables people to better collaborate in doing online research and get paid for curating quality content.
In one product you('ll) have:
- Reddit's collaborative curation of web content
- Google Doc's (collaborative) highlights on every website & PDF
- Pocket's ease of saving and highlighting content
We are short before releasing our MVP for
Co-curating and co-annotating collections.
People can share invite links to collections so that other people can contribute by adding pages, annotations and replies.
Our work to make the collaboration features fit into the current UI, and make the dashboard ready for faster iterations in the future.
- Sharing Collections with pages and annotations: Launched
- Example Collection: https://memex.social/c/oiLz5UIXw9JXermqZmXW
- Paying curators with the Web Monetisation standard: Launched
- Demo Video: https://share.descript.com/view/gdQo69Ghd3C
- Refactoring the Dashboard: About to launch
- Was delayed bc we wanted to focus on the collaborative collections features first and launch them together.
- Annotating PDFs: Launched
- Research document outlining further integration potential with the Web Monetisation Standard
- Report 1: 6 Strategies to Monetize Content
- Report 2: Oustanding
- Stretch Goal: Collaborative Collections: About to launch
Key Activities Last Month (March)
- User Interviews
- Wins: Could onboard 5 new 'True fans' really excited to test the new collab features. Together they have about 100k followers.
- Improvements to our product prioritisation and speccing process
- Adopted a variant of the Demand-Impact-Effort method to better prioritise
- Improvements to how we spec technical vs feature requirements
Improvements for the sharing annotations UX.
Right now quite laborious. You need to add pages to a collection and then share the annotations for each page.
We want to introduce a bulk sharing mode on a collection level (it already exists on pages level) and a annotation status "protected", which allows users to mark very private annotations.
Viewing and replying to annotations in the context of a page
With this, users can see the annotations of other people when browsing around, and reply to the threads there.
Top comments (1)
This is amazing stuff @blackforestboi I can't wait to hear more about the experience of the True Fans.