The Interledger Community ๐ŸŒฑ

James Casia for FlipToons

Posted on

Come read Web Monetized Comics at Fliptoons! - MozFest 2022 Action Plan

Fliptoons is a new comic platform implementing web monetization. We host comics, and hold competitions for local Filipino artists. We held the Web Monetized Comic Challenge last year in which 60+ comic creators duked it out for the grand prize. The result was a staggering compilation of unique, incredible, and entertaining comics on our platform.

Hereโ€™s a list of our top picks!

D'Unlucky Juans (by M@ching)

Down on luck, Kokoy inherited a "lucky" house and genuinely has charm over his fate. But what if someone suffers in exchange for his comfort?

ABOVE AND BEYOND (by Raykosen)

When the utopian Neo Manila City faces its imminent ruin due to its draining battery, two best friends who are young delivery boys named Phil Ayuno and Migo Horace must go on a journey to get the battery replacement that will restore their city. However, outside their area, danger lurks and terrifying monsters await.

Ghost of Chiba (by Ian)

After his mother died a month ago, the 15 year old boy from Tokyo (Nagatomo,Konishi) has to transfer to Chiba to continue his freshmen year. Konishi always had this prophetic dream about alien invasion and doomsday.

Digmaang Salinlahi (by jonzam)

Digmaang Salinlahi ay sumusunod sa mga pangyayari sa Digmaang sumisilakbo sa mga mahiwagang lupain ng Kahimanawari sa pagitan ng mga Lumang Kahariang Tao na kaalyado ng mga Enkanto at ng Konseho.

Point Blank (by notShaneLopez)

Zack Harris was about to go to sleep when he stumbles into another world by accident. Befriending the magician Merr Win, he sets out to find a way home. Join Zack as he makes his way through the strange world filled with a plethora of (un)familiar people, places, and personalities.

BERSERKING (by Kapumax)

The boy named zoom tries to make a simple and peaceful life being an employee but his faith always put him in the scenarios where his ability and braveness need, what zoom will do? Find out now!

Of course, these are only a few of the amazing comics found on our site. To get the full list, head over to Fliptoons.ph

What you can do

100% of the payments streamed goes directly to the artistsโ€™ pockets! This is a way of supporting our local Filipino artists. If you really enjoyed reading their content, consider tipping them and sharing to your friends!

If you're interested in our work and would like to hear more from us, follow us on our socials! Weโ€™re also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Top comments (12)

Collapse

chrislarry profile image
Chris Lawrence

This is fantastic, ty! I have tipped $! to all, but Ghost of Chiba and Berserking don't have Payment Pointers so the WM didn't activate. Do you have a ticket for the festival?

Collapse

jamescasia profile image
James Casia

Thanks Chris! Unfortunately we couldn't convince them to create their payment pointers. Yes, I have a ticket.

Collapse

chrislarry profile image
Chris Lawrence

You might consider asking if they would be willing to use one of these social good Payment Pointers and see if it raises money for any of these charities. You may also might want to consider asking them to put in the PP you have for Fliptoons. @ericahargreave this project might be a good candidate for a new resource and for James to join us in office hours. James have you attended any sessions? Have you used any of your tip money.

Thread Thread

chrislarry profile image
Chris Lawrence

Here is a list of Social Good Payment Pointers: community.interledger.org/grantfor...

Thread Thread

jamescasia profile image
James Casia

Alright, I'll be in touch with them. Yes, I have attended a few sessions. I also have actually used up all of my tip money to tip our creators ๐Ÿ˜….

Thread Thread

chrislarry profile image
Chris Lawrence

Nice!

Thread Thread

jamescasia profile image
James Casia

Figuring out how to reply to this thread, haha. But yes, I'd love to join you to talk about our project.

Thread Thread

ericahargreave profile image
Erica Hargreave

Hi @jamescasia,

If you are available and game, we have a couple of sessions that we'd love to have you join us for today:

And we are doing a Web Monetized at MozFest Podcast that we are very flexible on scheduling, although trying to keep to the open hours of Spatial Chat to allow for others to join us 'in studio'.

Let me know what works for you.

Thread Thread

jamescasia profile image
James Casia

Thanks @ericahargreave. 11:30 am EST works for me. See you then!

Thread Thread

ericahargreave profile image
Erica Hargreave

Most excellent. @micopeia will be joining us too!

Collapse

erikad profile image
Erika

Love this! I saw that Ghost of Chiba and Berserking added a social good payment pointer, which means I was able to tip them all!