Hi there, please post any SCA Web Monetization Hackathon questions here and connect with other members of the Web Monetization community.
- User Types
- Creator: You want to earn from web monetization by adding a payment pointer to your content (website, video, audio and other content)
- Builder: Similar to a Creator, you want to earn from Web Monetization but also build Web apps and websites that enable others to earn
- Consumer: You want to enjoy web-monetized content and support Creators and Builders with a subscription from a web Monetization provider like Coil.
- Getting started and earning as a Creator or Builder
- Learn more about Creators https://coil.com/creator
- Add a payment pointer https://developers.coil.com/
- Enable multiple payment pointers to enable others earn from your app or website https://webmonetization.org/docs/probabilistic-rev-sharing
- Getting started and earning as a Consumer with Coil Membership
- Redeem your Coil credit https://coil.com/redeem
- If you do not have Coil coupon, please subscribe to Coil https://coil.com/signup
Learn more about the Hackathon:
Top comments (9)
Hello @uchibeke ...So I'm a solo entrant in the hackathon and I applied on the first day. However, I thought the application stage would close on that day and even though my project idea had not been fully formed yet, I filled the compulsory application fields with filler text and submitted, hoping I could always come back to edit as long as I was already signed up into the portal.
But now that I have a project idea and implementation, I can't seem to find where to edit my initial application. Is there a way to do this? Or should I simply create another account and ignore the first one?
Hi, please submit the Breakthroughs for the new idea. The new submissions will be used.
Alright. Thank you very much. That's what I did.
Hello @uchibeke my team(Team Vibes) will like to apply for the Hackathon.
We got the application date mixed up and didn't realize that applications closed when we tried to register yesterday.
We do have every other thing set up, our repo, figma board and every member of the team has filled the registration form and we have started building our project.
I hope we stand a chance at late registration.
The project means a lot to us and We'd really appreciate if you could kindly look into it.
Thank you for the anticipated positive response.
Hi @morenike , this has now been addressed and you should be able to submit your milestones. Please let me know if you experience any issues
Okay thank you very much @uchibeke
I and my team(team flexxi). We have this issue. We've created a wallet already and added the meta tag to our page but Nothing is coming up. Please what can we do
Hi, do you have the Coil extension?
Once you have the Coil extension and have redeemed the SCA code from coil.com/redeem, you should be set
It's been resolved, it is now working fine. Thank you