The Interledger Community 🌱

Cover image for It’s Thursday Appreciation Day!
Ayesha Ware for Grant for the Web

Posted on

It’s Thursday Appreciation Day!

Today we show appreciation for one of our community members, Victoria Coker!

Since joining our community space, Victoria, founder of Black Web Fest, has been an active member, asking questions, seeking advice and sharing valuable information for grant opportunities from LG Nova, XRP Grants and Ripple to the community at large.

Victoria, we appreciate your contribution to the Web Monetization Community Space, thank you!

Alt text of image

Who do you appreciate? Reply to this thread and tag the person, say thank you and a little something about why you appreciate them.

Header image SecularEthos from Pixabay

Latest comments (6)

Collapse

casey_herd profile image
Casey Herd • Edited

There are a lot of people who I could add to this list but Ill get to everybody eventually! First BIG thanks to the organizers and judges of the GftW for sure! Im also very appreciative of all the hard work and great info @ericahargreave puts out and just a fun person to talk to. Always great to talk and collaborate with @BrianaStuart from Creative living For dancers and @GregHannam from Vivid IoV Labs. Fun people and always full of great ideas. And Thanks to @Radhy for the interesting conversation in Web Monetization + NFT = ... ?

Collapse

nicol profile image
Nic • Edited

Sorry if this is a bit obvious, but while I appreciate everyone who makes this a nice community, I really appreciate the people who conceived, built and maintain Web Monetization and its underyling tech. There's been years of talk about the need for micropayments to support creators online, with efforts like Flattr, BAT & Scroll, but never afaict an open cross-platform/browser protocol and a fully working implementation (let alone seed funding for it).

Tho perhaps props needs to go to Charlie "Black Mirror" Brooker's Magic Coins pitch to help newspapers 12 years ago (guardian.com/commentisfree/2009/au...):

"Not until someone perfects a system of universal online micro-payments once and for all. Some simple means of easily "tossing a penny in a cup" for the internet is required. Everyone knows it; no one's managed to crack it. Sure, there are systems such as PayPal (familiar to anyone who's used eBay), but they're fiddly and boring. What's needed is something universal and user-friendly."

Collapse

erikad profile image
Erika

I appreciate grantees from our Second Chance cohort like @veethika from Launchpad, @folawole from folawole.com and @yawnxyz from Instill Science who are filing such interesting interim reports!

Collapse

radhyr profile image
Radhy

I appreaciate friends who take initiatives in creating and maintaining open source projects to further diversity Web Monetization ecosystem. Likewise, many thanks to @thomasbnt for maintaining Web Monetization awesome repo!

Collapse

thomasbnt profile image
Thomas Bnt

Oooh thanks πŸ₯°πŸ‘πŸΌ

Collapse

chrislarry profile image
Chris Lawrence

I appreciate all our Call for Proposal Judges who put in a lot of work helping us score and evaluate proposals! They also have amazing feedback for the program.