Memex.Social enables people to better collaborate in doing online research and get paid for curating quality content.
In one product you('ll) have:
- Reddit's collaborative curation of web content
- Google Doc's (collaborative) highlights on every website & PDF
- Pocket's ease of saving and highlighting content
We are short before releasing our MVP for
- Sharing Collections with pages and annotations: Launched
- Example Collection: https://memex.social/c/oiLz5UIXw9JXermqZmXW
- Paying curators with the Web Monetisation standard: Launched
- Demo Video: https://share.descript.com/view/gdQo69Ghd3C
- Refactoring the Dashboard: About to launch
- Was delayed bc we wanted to focus on the collaborative collections features first and launch them together.
- Annotating PDFs: Launched
- Research document outlining further integration potential with the Web Monetisation Standard
- Report 1: 6 Strategies to Monetize Content
- Report 2: Oustanding
- Stretch Goal: Collaborative Collections: About to launch
- User Interviews
- Wins: Could onboard 5 new 'True fans' really excited to test the new collab features. Together they have about 100k followers.
- Improvements to our product prioritisation and speccing process
- Adopted a variant of the Demand-Impact-Effort method to better prioritise
- Improvements to how we spec technical vs feature requirements
Right now quite laborious. You need to add pages to a collection and then share the annotations for each page.
We want to introduce a bulk sharing mode on a collection level (it already exists on pages level) and a annotation status "protected", which allows users to mark very private annotations.
With this, users can see the annotations of other people when browsing around, and reply to the threads there.