The Interledger Community 🌱

Cover image for Your Weekly Roundup
Ayesha Ware for Grant for the Web

Posted on

Your Weekly Roundup

This week, a brief update!

Alt text of image

ILP Financial CFP Info Sessions Rescheduled

The ILP Financial CFP Info Session Hours on May 25 and May 26 have been postponed. Both sessions have been rescheduled to Wednesday, June 1 at 8:00 am EST / 12:00 UTC and Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 3:00 pm EST / 7:00 UTC. If you registered for one of these sessions, your ticket has been transferred to the new date, there is nothing further you need to do.

Session Dates

• Tuesday May 31, 2022 at 10:00 pm EST / 2:00 UTC
  • Wednesday, June 1 at 8:00 am EST / 12:00 UTC
  • Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 3:00 pm EST / 7:00 UTC

If you are unable to attend the new session date or would like to learn more about the new call for proposals, you can register here.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope you will join one of our info sessions.

Updates & Questions from GftW Awardees

Matt Mankins launches web monetization site that requires no coding for users

I wanted to update the community on the launch 🥳 of a site with Web Monetization support that I've been working on called Monetized.
Monetized allows you to create premium sections that are only accessible by Web Monetization users. These payment gates could be used to wrap around existing content to create paywalls without needing to write any code.
Monetized makes a "monetized link" out of your existing web content. This link is like a tiny url + paywall combination that can be un-gated with Web Monetization.
I'd love to hear what you all think and what we should build next with it. Thanks! 😀

Graeme for project Prototypr wants your suggestions

I wondered if anyone has suggestions for bringing web monetization perks into newsletters?
I send a newsletter with Prototypr, and it could be cool to remove ads for those users who use a WM provider like coil. After testing, I found the web monetization meta tag does not work in emails (tried outlook and gmail).
Does anyone know if this could become possible one day, or any ideas for bringing WM benefits into a newsletter?

Head over to Matt & Graeme's posts and leave your comments and suggestions!

Watch Now! Community Call with GftW awardee Erika Kitzmiller

If you missed this week’s Community Call hosted by Erika Kitzmiller and Steven Goss for the 11/30 Youth Collaborative (formerly known as Central PA Info Hub you can watch it now.

If you are interested in hearing what participants discussed, you can view the community call here.

Thank you to all who attended and to Erika and Steven for hosting the Community Call. It was an engaging event of ideas and thoughts shared about the potentials and limitations of web monetization for grassroots, community-based projects.

Stay tuned for more details on the Interledger Foundation's current call for proposals and upcoming opportunities to participate in community events.

Alt text of image

Header Image by geralt from Pixabay

Latest comments (0)