We are thrilled to announce that Interledger will be participating in this year's Hacktoberfest edition. 🎉
Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of Open Source that encourages people to contribute to open source throughout October. This year marks the 10th edition of Hacktoberfest. Every year, thousands of contributors participate in this festival to contribute to the projects they love and use, learn and enhance their skills to advance their careers, get mentorship, and feedback from industry experts. For organizations that believe in giving back to the community, Hacktoberfest is a fantastic platform.
The Interledger Foundation’s (ILF) mission is to broaden the diversity of voices in the tech ecosystem by using the Interledger Protocol (ILP) as a driver for digital financial inclusion. 🌍
The Interledger Protocol is an open-source, currency-agnostic payments network that enables money to travel as quickly and efficiently as data on the internet. The open architecture and minimal protocol enable interoperability for any value transfer system.
Interledger's objective is to enhance access to digital financial services by advocating for adopting an open-source currency network powered by the Interledger Protocol (ILP). Moreover, it actively collaborates with historically marginalized groups to fulfill this mission. These core values inspire us at Interledger to participate in Hacktoberfest.💪
This year marks the second edition of Interledger participating in Hacktoberfest.🎈
There are multiple ways to contribute to Interledger this Hacktoberfest. You can build new features, find and fix bugs, write tests, help with documentation, organize digital/physical events to contribute to your community, and much more.
- Star our Interledger Repositories
- Search for issues that are labeled with
- Get the issue assigned and start working on it
- Submit a PR
- Join our Slack community
- Earn some great swags
- Head over to our GitHub repositories.
- Filter repositories based on your skill set and interests.
- Please read the contribution guidelines before you start contributing.
- Find issues that are tagged with
Hacktoberfestlabels. Tip: Issues labeled as
good first issue/
goodfirstbugare ideal for new contributors.
- Once you've chosen an issue, work on your contribution.
- When you're ready, submit a pull request. Our maintainers and community members will review your work and provide feedback if necessary.
- After your pull request is merged, you've officially contributed to Interledger.
We would really love to partner with you and help with your Hacktoberfest events. If you are one who is part of a community and planning to conduct an event to educate and inform your community about Hacktoberfest then please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you.
Rafiki is open-source software that allows an Account Servicing Entity to enable Interledger functionality on its users' accounts.
- sending and receiving payments (via SPSP and Open Payments)
- allowing third-party access to initiate payments and view transaction data (via Open Payments)
Repo link - https://github.com/interledger/rafiki
Contribution guide - https://github.com/interledger/rafiki/blob/main/.github/contributing.md
Testnet is an open-source test application for Rafiki. In other words, a Rafiki Playground. It wants to use all of the functionalities of Rafiki and put its advantages of to the real test.
Testnet is made up (or will be made up in the near future) of several components, including a wallet application, a bank application, and an e-commerce application.
Repo link - https://github.com/interledger/testnet
Contribution guide - https://github.com/interledger/testnet/blob/main/.github/contributing.md
This is a Helm Charts repository for Interledger Kubernetes.
Repo link - https://github.com/interledger/helm-charts
and many more on Interledger repositories
As a Hacktoberfest contributor at Interledger, you will receive:
- The opportunity and satisfaction of contributing to the next big thing in the Open and Inclusive finance systems space.
- An opportunity to collaborate with and learn from like-minded and passionate individuals at Interledger.
- Grab a cool T-shirt 🎽 for contributing 1 or more accepted pull requests(First 150 contributors), and score exclusive, limited-edition swag for making 4 or more accepted pull requests(First 10 contributors)!
Hacktoberfest is an opportunity to connect, collaborate, and create change through open-source contributions. Join Interledger on this exciting journey, and let's work together to build a more inclusive and interconnected financial future.
Head over to our
#Hacktoberfest channel on our Slack if you still have any other questions or doubts.📢
We can't wait to see the incredible contributions you'll make. Happy Hacktoberfest! 🚀🌟🎉